Are you kidding me? We're already halfway through September and fall is coming in Old Towne Orange! The decorations are up at the Assistance League of Orange, school is back in session, and Halloween is right around the corner. You can’t act like you’re not excited for fall weather, trick-or-treaters, and the best food of the year! We have already posted some very fall-inspired events on our EVENTS PAGE, so be sure to check those out! Huge shout-out to The Potting Shed, who's always coming at us with the best autumn workshops and events.
For this next blog series, we want to welcome fall to Old Towne Orange. Southern California gets a lot of heat (no pun intended) for “not having seasons.” But if you ask me, the weather dipping below 70 is definitely a season! And personally, I start thinking about my Halloween costume on November 1st so by the time we roll around to October, it’s perfected. But shhhhh, that's a secret.
This week, I will be kicking us off with an Orange-Inspired Halloween Costume Idea Guide. ORANGE! Not necessarily the city of Orange - although dressing up as the fountain isn’t a bad idea - but the color orange! And of course, what would a costume guide be without our new friend, Gift Guru Gal, who will be helping us find the best pieces for our orange Halloween look.
Let’s get started with our top 10 favorite ideas!
- Orange is the New Black - With the popularity of the Netflix series, Orange is the New Black, finding inmate costumes might be the perfect idea for your girl group! You can even incorporate men into the ensemble with prison guard costumes.
- Cuties - Who doesn't love a cutie? And what's more orange than an orange itself?
- Tigger - Finding the costumer for one of our favorite Winnie the Pooh characters can be made easy by just purchasing a Tigger onesie OR you can make it yourself at home! And remember to ask your friends to be Pooh and Piglet too!
- Orange La Croix - La Croix has taken over! Everyone loves this sparkling beverage, and it will make a funny and adorable orange Halloween costume this October!
- Finding Nemo - Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming! Shop now for the perfect toddler costume at HalloweenCostumes.com!
- Orange Crayon - An OMG Orange Crayon! Need I say more?
- Cheeto - In the style of Katy Perry's 2014 Halloween costume, you can never go wrong with being a gigantic Cheeto! You really just can't... This might be an easy costume for all the last minute costumers: just dress in all orange and hold a bag of Cheetos all night (Flamin' Hot or regular will do).
- Orange Looffa - This one works great with a friend group; be the rainbow of looffas!
- Velma - Again, another great group costume! Get Shaggy, Scooby, Daphne and Fred, and you're set for the best photo shoot ever.
- Astronaut - A classic! Perfect for anyone this Halloween!
Want to see 27 MORE orange-inspired Halloween costume ideas? Just subscribe to our weekly newsletter! We've put together the 37 BEST orange-inspired costumes to get your creative wheels turning this year.
FILL OUT THIS FORM AND WE'LL TAKE YOU RIGHT THERE!
What other orange-inspired ideas do you have? Share in the comments! And, be sure and tag us in on Instagram with your spot-on costumes around Old Towne Orange! Have a great weekend everyone and we'll see you around towne.