Show Us Your Gourd-geous Costumes!
Happy October! It’s many folks’ favorite month because of Halloween, of course! The spookiest, scariest, and arguably silliest month of the year is here, and we are excited to kick it off with something that I Heart Old Towne Orange has never done before.
This month, we are challenging our amazing readers to a Halloween costume contest, and we’re kicking it off early so you have time to plan, shop, photograph, and execute your idea. With social distancing, the chance of seeing all the excited kiddos new costumes is less likely, so we want to showcase the best of the best on our social media!
The contest rules are simple!
- All costumes must be homemade. We want to see what came from your imagination, not the store. Use any and all materials you want, make it over the top, make it simple, or make it punny. Make us laugh or give us a throwback. We want to see your imagination at play!
- All costumes must be appropriate for all ages.
- All ages are allowed to submit.
- Group/family costumes and single costumes are allowed. However, only one prize will be given if a family costume wins.
- Prizes! We have prizes that will be awarded to the winner OR WINNERS of the costume contest! This October, selected winner(s) could be awarded 2 free tickets to the Haunted Orange County ghost tours OR a $20 gift card to Tiddlywinks OC toy shop! Are you in now?
- To enter: DM us on our Instagram page with your name and costume title.
- You MUST be following us on Instagram to be considered.
- All submissions are due by November 1st, 2020, by 5 P.M. PDT.
- Winners will be announced the week of Nov 2nd, through our Instagram page and weekly newsletter. Make sure to be subscribed to the newsletter for the announcement!
For now, here is some inspiration for homemade costumes that have made us smile, laugh, and remember why we love Halloween! Have a great week everyone, and we will see you around towne.