5 Reasons Why You Should Have An Orange Public Library Card!
It seems like we’re constantly on the go these days. Whether it be work related, parental duties, or student priorities our list of personal obligations always seems to grow. What if we told you, something as simple as a library card could greatly benefit your life in many ways?! If you’re currently in school, visiting an additional library (other than on campus) may seem unnecessary. Perhaps after finishing, you’ve been avoiding the place at all costs. Well, times have changed, and the library is no longer just for late night study sessions. In our opinion, the Orange Public Library is one of our most underrated resources! Not to mention, a pretty cool hang-out. If you’re not convinced just yet, keep reading for our top 5 reasons to go and get a library card!
- Borrow FREE STUFF. Okay, this may seem like a given. Yet we’re constantly purchasing pricey books and magazines that quickly turn in to clutter. Not to mention, those Redbox and iTunes purchases can add up in no time. The Orange Public Library will lend you bestsellers, new releases, and old favorites that are added to their long list of available reads EVERY WEEK. They will even notify you when your due date is near. If you’re not ready to return, conveniently renew online. It’s SO simple!
- Stay in bed “READ-IN”. Technological advances are changing the world around us, and the library is no exception. Now we don’t even have to leave the comforts of our home to enjoy many of the benefits the library has to offer! They have electronic books, audio, magazines, music, and more available with one click of a button. Conveniently use resources and even receive a library card instantly while relaxing at home. Even when the library is closed!
- Technology Resources. We’ve all been there. You either ran out of ink, the computer crashes, or somebody forgot to pick up the printer paper. Whatever the technological crises may be, the library may be your answered prayer. They have computers/laptops, printers, scanners, copiers and free WiFi for anything you may need. Get your work completed efficiently in no time!
- Community gathering. Bet you didn’t guess that the OPL is the perfect place to meet and mingle with people in the community! The library is home to many FREE programs and events for people of all ages. Join one of their monthly book clubs or see the many workshops that they frequently offer. Kid’s love coming to the library because they’re always hosting fun story times and activities. Students can receive homework help while tutors have the opportunity to volunteer. This is truly a place all members of the family can enjoy.
- Show and save. We’ve shared many reasons why a library card is a valuable tool to have in your back pocket. What if we also mentioned it could save you some serious cash as well! That’s right, keep that little number in your wallet and start saving at dozens of popular Old Towne Orange hotspots. Flash that bad boy at businesses such as The Aussie Bean, CocoRose Boutique, and Mead’s Green Door Cafe just to name a few of our favorites. CLICK HERE for a full list. Seriously people, how can you say no to that?!
If you have yet to experience all the amazing perks of the Orange Public Library, we hope we’ve inspired you come down and explore. CLICK HERE for hours and location information. The City of Orange is also home two other branches (Taft Branch and El Modena Branch) which you can use your library card at any time!