Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe (Hot & Iced)
We’re one week into October and the pumpkin-flavored treats have taken over! When it comes to pumpkin spice, folks don’t mess around. Each fall we look forward to the email from Starbucks letting us know that the PSL has arrived once again at which point we start to notice pumpkin-flavored pancakes being served around the Plaza. And that’s exactly why this week, we made a homemade pumpkin spice latte (two ways) to share with you!
Our recipe is super easy and can be made hot or iced with the same ingredients. It uses real pumpkin puree for a very authentic pumpkin flavor! It’s like pumpkin pie in your mouth! Check out the recipe here and try it for yourself this week.
- Espresso or strong black coffee
- 1 cup milk of choice (oat milk preferred)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Dash of nutmeg
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (optional for topping)
- Brew one shot of espresso or ½ cup of strong black coffee. For an iced drink, put in the fridge or freezer to chill.
- On medium heat, combine milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and vanilla extract in a saucepan.
- Stir continuously and adjust for sugar.
- For a hot drink, add warm pumpkin milk to espresso.
- For a cold drink, repeat step #2 off heat, making sure to whisk well and pour over chilled espresso and ice.