- This event has passed.
Visual Storytelling Workshop
January 10 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm$15
Why are some pictures worth a thousand words and others are just… well, pictures? In this four-part series we will learn about the cornerstones of image-making and how they can be applied to tell the story we have in mind.
- Wednesday, January 10 – Tales told by shapes
- Wednesday, January 17 – Tales told by lines
- Wednesday, January 24 – Tales told by color
- Wednesday, January 31 – Tales told by space
Each session will start with a succinct lecture, tackling a single design principle and how it has been used by artists throughout the ages. In the second half of each meeting we will put these insights to work and have fun with our sketchbooks. Open to anyone with a curiosity for visual arts. All skill levels are welcome.
- Gain an understanding of how images convey meaning
- Learn exercises that will allow you to design your images intentionally
- Join a creative community of people who value art
Supplies: Please bring a pencil, some paper (a sketchbook is ideal). Colored pencils or colored markers for January 24 only.
Instructor: Carolin Peters